The most authoritative source of news and intuition-based reporting for the Buenos Aires Expat Community.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Opinion: Cablevisión, shame on you!


Cablevisión's monthly magazine, Miradas, has interviews with celebrities every month, and the monthly schedule of programming. To make it easier to find what you are looking for, they have created the following categories: infantiles (children), deportes (sports), cine y series (movies and series), documentales (info-tainment), musicales (musical), variedades (variety), .... and.... mujer (women) !

(Click on the picture for a larger view.)

I'm SO glad they created a category just for women, because now I can find my fashion, makeover, cooking, and home decorating shows all in one place. However, I think the title is VERY unfair!

Women aren't the only people who watch food shows. If you are a fan of Francia y Sus Quesos (France and Its Cheeses) you might be a woman, but you might also be...... gay!

In the name of all my gay friends, I say shame on you, Cablevisión, for completely forgetting the one other section of society that might be interested in these programs. I suggest you change the category to "Mujer/Gay."

The categories Cablevisión has chosen for its guide reflects its closed-minded view of society. Open minds lead to open hearts, lead to world peace.

-Southpat Sue

2 comments:

  1. Hi Southpat Sue!
    eh eh eh...I have watched the Cablevision tv...is amaizing.
    I love UTILISSIMA SATELITAL (local channel);o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the comentary also the category are both ... discrimination

    ReplyDelete